The main benefits of coaching Individual Recipients are:
- Generates improvements in individuals’ performance/targets/goals (84%)
- Increased openness to personal learning and development (60%)
- Helps identify solutions to specific work-related issues (58%)
- Greater ownership and responsibility (52%)
- Developing self-awareness (42%)
- Improves specific skills or behaviour (38%)
- Greater clarity in roles and objectives (37%)
- Corrects behaviour/performance difficulties (33%)
The main benefits of coaching Teams or Organizations are:
- Allows fuller use of individuals’ talents/potential (79%)
- Demonstrates commitment to individuals and their development (69%)
- Higher organizational performance/productivity (69%)
- Increased creativity, learning, and knowledge (63%)
- Intrinsically motivates people (57%)
- Facilitates the adoption of a new culture/management style (39%)
- Improves relationships between people and departments (35%)
Coaching skills and mindsets are essential for managers and supervisors. Coaching empowers a person or group to grow in their skills and capacity while simultaneously achieving organizational objectives.
Contact us today to find out how managers and supervisors in your organization can develop practical, on-the-job skills for helping people solve problems, reach goals, and develop others.
CIPD (2012). Learning and Talent Development: Annual Survey Report 2012. www.cipd.co.uk
The Industrial Society (1999). Managing Best Practice: Coaching, IDS, London.